Text Markup Strategy:
For every Reading passage!
1. Box in and read the title.
*If there is no title, make a box and create a title!
2. Trace and number the paragraphs.
*Trace around indentation. Write #s next to each indent.
3. Stop and think at the end of each paragraph. ¶
S.T. *Remind yourself to stop and think to find key
points and words by writing “S.T.”
4. Circle 3+ keywords/phrases in each paragraph. ¶
*Circle words based on the question, such as main idea, vocabulary, word structure, etc…
5. Read and label key words in the question.
*What information is the question is asking for?
*Cross out ridiculous answers.
6. Prove your answer with ¶ numbers.
P. or #_____ *Locate and write the paragraph where you found your answer!
7. Mark or write your complete answer!